Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Let's keep talking

One of the most interesting things I found in this chapter, although Alexis didn't like it as much as I did, was the newsgroup section. The entire time I was reading it I was thinking about Robert Scoble, who works for Microsoft, and how he uses his blog in the same way the Saturn employee did. The ability to speak directly to the consumers and talk truthfully about your company is a way to really connect to the consumers and gain their trust. I definitely think if more companies embraced this idea they would be better off.

Everyone has a voice and that voice is different and distinctive from everyone elses. Even through email or other ways that people talk on the internet, people’s voices are still heard. Sometimes it is hard to relay the exact way you want your message to be heard, like Miss M's blog also points out, but most of the time the receiver of your message understands what you are trying to say. But I bet we’ve all had those experiences when your message was misinterpreted and then you were in a fight with you friend because she thought you were being rude? Luckily for me, those moments are very few, but they do happen.

I personally find it easier to write someone an email then call them. Although the internet keeps us connected, I also find that it keeps us distant from each other. Sometimes I can’t believe that I would rather email someone than just call them up, but it’s almost like I don’t want to deal with having to actually talk to them. Email is so much easier and a lot quicker than talking to someone on the phone.

I also found the section on chat to be interesting. I’m not into chatting online and never have been, so I look at it and think it’s kind of weird. When I do think about what is actually happening when people chat online, like Levine, it amazes me that people from all over the world are able to talk to each other. This type of communication through the internet really is more real than any other form, like email. There are many different sites that people can go to if they want to join a chatroomm, including Yahoo!Chat.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home